Real estate agent Jefferson puts out an ad for a property where he represents the seller. Jefferson does not state his own name in the ad. This is:
- false advertising and is illegal
- a blind ad and is illegal
- a blind ad and is legal if he puts the address of the home he is selling.
- misleading advertising, which is unethical, but still legal.
B – a blind ad is illegal because real estate professionals must identify themselves completely in any ad they put out.
A “blind” real estate ad leaves out :
- name of the licensee
- name of the seller for privacy reasons.
- The address of the property being sold
- The phone number of the licensee
Finally, as with many states, “blind advertisements” are prohibited (i.e. an advertisement that provides only a telephone number, post office box, or newspaper box but not the name of the licensee).